–“Real-time marketing” refers to:–
–Developing content on the fly for local, national, or global events happening online or offline.–
–Developing content on the fly for local, national, or global events happening online only.–
–Developing content on the fly for local, national, or global events happening offline only.–
–Developing content and publishing it in the time zone where the majority of your target audience resides.–
- Before you post anything on social media, you should have a clear understanding of your _______.
- Fill in the blank: _____ ads are designed to collect information like name and email address.
- Fill in the blank: A lookalike audience is made up of people who ______________.
- Fill in the blank: In the _________ stage, a social media manager needs to be able to react quickly, compassionately, and with authority. They also have to integrate social media messages to the appropriate medium and audience.
- How are voice and tone related?
- If you don’t have your _____________ in mind as you’re developing content and social campaigns, then you probably aren’t using social as effectively as you could be.
- Inbound is all about being ________-centric, not competitor-centric.
- In social media content, “tone” refers to:
- Language like ____________ can help improve your clickthrough and conversion rates on social media because language makes the call-to-action seem more time sensitive, which can encourage instant action.
- Let’s say you conduct an audit of your existing social media content and find that on Twitter, posts with statistics get by far the most likes and retweets. What’s the BEST way for you to use this knowledge to inform your future social content plan?
- A social media audit will provide you value in all of the following areas EXCEPT:
- Choose all that apply. What are the advantages of maintaining an organized CMS?
- Choose all that apply. Which of these pieces of content should be archived and unpublished?
- Customer support surveys in HubSpot track which customer sentiment metric?
- During the Goal step of GROW coaching, what is your role as coach?
- Evaluate this SLA: Marketing will generate 50 leads each month.
- Fill in the blank: A data silo is when a group of raw data is __________.
- Fill in the blank: An iPaaS solution is a __________.
- Fill in the blank: A positive feedback loop describes the process of __________.
- Fill in the blank: Before you can identify the buyer’s journey, you need to first know your ___________.
- Fill in the Blank: End each email with a ______.
- Fill in the blank: Events ___________.
- Fill in the blank: If lead nurturing is the content, then segmentation is __________.
- Fill in the blank: If you create a psychologically-safe working environment at your organization, team members are more likely to __________.
- Fill in the blank: In the _________ stage of the buyer’s journey, the potential buyer has defined their problem and is actively researching different solutions.
- Fill in the blank: ________ is when you think of an idea out of nowhere.
- Fill in the blank: Objects are _____________.
- Fill in the blanks: Good email templates increase ______ without sacrificing _____.
- Fill in the blank: The conflict in your content’s story should focus on the __________.
- Fill in the blank: The inbound methodology is a ____________.
- Fill in the blank: The silo mentality is ___________.
- Fill in the blank: This blog post is written from a __________.
- Fill in the blank: When creating a headline for your content, you should come up with ___________ different headlines.
- Fill in the blank: When creating content you should ___________.
- Fill in the blank: Your __________ is your strongest acquisition lever.
- Fill in the blank: You should use a customer effort score instead of a customer satisfaction survey when you want to understand __________.
- How can thinking of your business as a flywheel foster cross-team collaboration?
- How can you start building rapport before getting on a call?
- How does a landing page typically gather information about site visitors?
- How do search engines rank content?
- How do you record emails in the CRM if you are NOT using the HubSpot Sales email extension?
- How often should you edit your knowledge base articles?
- How quickly should a member of your sales team be able to find a relevant piece of content to share with one of their leads?
- How would you describe a launch pad website to your team and boss?
- If 90–100% of your salespeople are hitting quota, you should look into your metrics. Which of the following may be a reason for such high quota results?
- If your website doesn’t have much content to attract visitors, which of the following would be the best content to create first?
- If you want to create a coaching program for your sales team, which of the following is the best place to start?
- If you want to create an onboarding program for your sales team, which of the following is the best place to start?
- Imagine you surveyed 100 training attendees. If 10% were detractors, 30% were passives, and 60% were promoters, what would your NPS be?
- In HubSpot, help desk is comprised of all of the following tools EXCEPT: