–A member of your marketing team wants to send a sales offer to your existing customers. How do you respond?–
–“That’s fine, as long as it helps them do the job they hired our product to do.”–
–“That’s a good idea because we can put more pressure on people who have previously bought from us than we can put on prospects.”–
–“We shouldn’t do that. Asking customers to buy from us again is a betrayal of their trust.”–
–“That’s a bad idea. Those people have already bought from us. We should focus on finding new prospects instead.”–
- You’re a content creator for an automobile dealership. You’re looking for some inspiration to help generate new content ideas for an upcoming holiday promotion. What source might you find valuable and be inspired by?
- You’re about to close your exploratory call. Based on what you’ve learned from the prospect, they are a great fit for working with your agency and they seem excited about inbound marketing. The CEO of the company asks you to create a proposal for their team because they couldn’t all be on the call. What should you do?
- Your coworker recently tested two different subject lines to see how they would impact the open rate of her most recent email send. She excitedly tells you that the first subject line won the test. How should you respond?
- Your contact database will naturally decay over time. Which strategy would be considered an inbound approach to replenishing your database?
- Your co-worker has created a list of all the leads who have not visited your blog in the last 90 days. What should your company do with these leads?
- Your company wants to start using a contact database to track, store and surface information about the people who interact with your business. They’ve asked you to do some research to find the best option to use. All of these should be on your checklist of required features for a good contact database EXCEPT:
- Your company has created a workflow that sends a webinar invitation to all of their contacts in a specific industry. Is that invitation a behavioral email?
- Your company has decided to take an inbound approach to sales. Which of the following does NOT align with your company’s new inbound sales practices?
- Your colleague Shane wants to add contextual marketing to all of your company’s landing pages by the end of this month. You respond by telling Shane that this isn’t a recommended approach because:
- Your colleague wants you to add contextual marketing to the landing page called “50 Copywriting Mistakes to Avoid Checklist.” Which of the following is not an important factor to investigate before adding contextual marketing to the landing page?
- Your colleague Jana wants to add contextual marketing to your organization’s homepage. She wants to target your company’s top buyer persona “Copywriter Charles.” What would you suggest for Jana to do next in planning a contextual marketing strategy?
- Your colleague Jana is building a campaign around the longtail keyword “landing page optimization services,” which is a service your company provides. What kind of segmentation should you use to add contextual marketing in order to help Jana have more of an impact on visitors?
- Your buyer needs more time to purchase the product you’re selling. How should you respond to the buyer’s needs with an inbound sales approach?
- Your boss wants to calculate the ROI of email marketing as a channel. All of these are required inputs for tracking the ROI of your email marketing EXCEPT:
- Your boss, Sam, has approved for you to conduct a usability test on your company’s website. Your next step is to design the test. All of the following are important for the test’s success EXCEPT:
- Your boss wants a report on the success of your blog. What information should you NOT analyze?
- Your boss has asked you to create content comparing the benefits and value of the products you offer to your direct competitor. What stage of the Buyer’s Journey would this content fall under?
- Your boss asks you to do some reporting on your email performance from last quarter. Which email metric can you ignore?
- Your boss asks you to report on how your content campaign has contributed to his lead generation goals. What metric do you report on to demonstrate its contribution?
- Your agency finds that you’re continuously being pulled into implementing updates on the website, leaving no time for proactive continuous improvement. The client is open to learning the skills and tools required to make the updates. However, they have no idea what they should learn. Which of the following should be done to help the client start taking over all updates on the website?
- You open a connect call with an inbound lead with the following sound bite: “Hello, this is Samantha from Inbound Pros. The reason I’m calling is that I got a note that you downloaded an ebook on content marketing from our website this morning. Does that ring a bell? I was calling to follow up and see how I might be of assistance.” What should you do next?
- You offer a free trial on your products page. Which of the following would be appropriate wording for the same offer on your blog CTA?
- You let your boss know that you want to start applying an inbound sales approach to the way you sell to your potential buyers. Your boss is onboard but says you still have to meet your cold call and cold email quota each day. How would you respond?
- You have been tasked with creating a list of contacts that have unsubscribed from all email communication. Should you build this list?
- You could use PieSync Health to see
- You can use your database and contact management strategy to do a few things: see the whole picture of every contact, organize contacts to keep a healthy database at all times, and what else?
- 10x and resource pillar pages are best used in which stages of the buyer’s journey?
- A/B testing is available in which HubSpot tools?
- A call-to-action button is also known as a
- According to Simon Sinek, people most care about
- According to The Five Stages of Sales Mastery and Behavior Change, which of the following should happen after the training session ends?
- According to the prioritization matrix, customer issues that are high impact and high cost should be prioritized
- A computer program that allows you to access and manage your email is the definition of what?
- A customer journey map is a representation of:
- A customer who recently purchased your product realizes that it’s not the right solution for the problem they were trying to solve. He would like to return the product. Which stage of the buyer’s journey is your customer in?
- A _ is a series of automated actions that trigger based on a person’s behaviors or contact information.
- A lead views a specific page on your website, say, your case study page. You then send targeted follow-up content like one of your more popular case studies. This is an example of what type of email?
- All of the following are examples of how you can export campaign data EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of on-page SEO best practices to consider when optimizing your pillar page EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of social selling EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of video in the delight stage of the inbound methodology EXCEPT:
- All of the following are part of the CGP, TCI, BA framework EXCEPT:
- All of the following are reasons to extend your sales enablement efforts beyond the sale EXCEPT:
- All of the following are stages of troubleshooting EXCEPT:
- All of the following are things to do in a guest blog outreach email EXCEPT:
- All of the following are true about forms and lead flows EXCEPT:
- All of the following are true about inbound links EXCEPT:
- All of the following are ways to involve your sales team in the content creation process EXCEPT:
- All of the following might be included in an ideal customer profile EXCEPT:
- All of the following people should be invited to attend smarketing meetings EXCEPT: